Sunday, September 12, 2021

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Thursday, September 9, 2021


I slept until about 9:00 before enjoying a nice, hot shower.  It felt glorious to just stand in the warm rushing water.  


The day was filled with washing and organizing all the camping gear and getting the caribou ready to take to the locker.  I had no idea what all was entailed in the day. We went through totes, we washed things off, aired things out and moved things around.


Taunie, Dad and I took a few loads back and forth to the storage unit after we delivered the truck back to the airport.  


Taunie ordered some pizza for lunch and we spent the rest of the afternoon outside. The weather was just beautiful.  


We had gone back and forth trying to figure out what the plan would be for the evening. Some people needed to take the caribou to the locker and some needed to take the tailor and truck back to Jeff Lutz about 3 hours away. The original plan was that Dad, Taunie and I would do some of the drive to see the scenery, but after much switching around it ended with Ryan, Ryan and I heading to the locker and south to Saldota.  We saw wind surfers in the bay as we drove.


When we got to the locker we found out they needed to have quartered one of the caribou instead of leaving it whole.  So Ryan and Ryan started quartering it in the parking lot while I talked with Thom and Mom on the phone.  There were peacocks around the meat locker and there were baby peacocks too. Dad and Taunie were at the fur shop and he asked if I would like to be picked up instead of heading south.  I decided that was a good idea because it was getting later and darker and I wouldn’t be able to see any scenery.  So Taunie and Dad came and picked me up.  


We decided to head toward to 49th State Brewing Company in Anchorage.  It was packed! Dad got a cider and I got a flight of: cider, Arctic Painkiller, Passionfruit Pucker, Mango Pucker and Permafrost.  My favorite was the Arctic Painkiller but they were all delicious.  I got souvenirs and we headed back to the Alch’s. 


Dan made a delicious chicken noodle soup for everyone.  I got to meet Nicole, Nici and their daughters.  Taunie and I chatted with Nicole and Nici for a few hours while the guys watched the football game. It was a very enjoyable evening.  


When Nicole and Nici headed to bed Taunie and I stayed up a bit and chatted before heading to bed.  


Our halibut fish got postponed for tomorrow because it was going to be very rough seas so we are doing a Kenai Fjord tour instead and the halibut on Saturday before our flights leave.  








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, September 12, 2021

While waiting in Seattle, Dad got a little sleep on the floor while I got a bagel with cream cheese. The flight went well. I slept again.  I...